September 13, 2012

My Blog is Like a Time Machine

So I've decided my blog is like a time machine - you may THINK it's the middle of September, and then all of a sudden I'll whisk you back to mid-June and pretend the last three months never happened. 

Also, I've decided I hate having pseudonyms for my kids. It is uber annoying and is probably the ONLY reason I don't blog more ;) But I can't use their real names because it makes my husband too nervous (with reason), so what does that leave me? I can't use first initials, because there are too many of the same initial. So after much thought I've decided to try using middle name initials - Erik will be R, Jace will be C, Diva will be M, Dane will be D, and Peanut will be T. It may be more confusing for YOU, but it will be so much easier for me. We'll see how this works! I'll probably put ages next to initials for a bit so you still know who I'm talking about.

First off, I had an amazing flower garden. The previous owner was a botanist and loves plants and flowers and planted a zillion. It was fun to see new flowers come up in the spring and summer and try not to kill them. Here are only a few (this is mostly so my Mom can see some of my gorgeous irises. Mom! I have irises!)


 


At the end of the school year there was an art show; my first grader and third grader both had art shown. D's (7) is the houses and M's (9) is the Halloween one. Hooray! I'm glad no one has so far inherited my abysmal artistic ability.



T (4) and I went to D's (7) field day - so much fun! He is the age when having Mom show up at school is thrilling and delightful. I felt like a hero - he was so darn cute and waved at me every few minutes.



The last few months have been baking extravaganzas in this household! R (14) has always been my go-to baker. I always ask him to make dessert for mutual/scouts, make bread, whatever. Lately, though it has been THE THING TO DO. C (12) is my main baker now - he loves making yummy things every Sunday for brunch. Here he is, still in his suit, making something divine. M (9) and D (7) have also been baking, which means there is always something fabulous to eat and R finally gets a well deserved break.


Early summer also brought the Father Son campout! Aren't they adorable? M and I missed them desperately. Of course. I promise. ;)


Summer also meant the local gun club had their field day - my hubby and C (12) spent the whole day fishing, shooting rifles, shooting arrows, trapping, canoeing - they were both in heaven. I love having an adventurous hubby! He can go to outdoorsy naturey things and I can stay home. Win win.



And more is yet to come ...





No comments: