We have moved! Finally! After 10 husbandless months, we are finally permanently back together as a family. It's about time. A friend of mine asked how many times we have moved, so I had to think back through the last 14 years to count them up. (For some reason I can't remember offhand the number - I think I've blocked it). Surprise surprise, this move is number 17!!!! Some of them were small moves (across town to a better apartment), some were big moves (across oceans to another country), but they were all moves. So here we are at number 17! Go 17!
At the end of July, after 5 months of trying, after cleaning/vacating for over 50 showings, or house sold. Hurrah!! It was a long and horrible process and ended on a sour note. But at least it ended. Thanks to a great realtor! And buyers who I won't talk about but at least they bought my house!
So our stuff was packed up (a pleasant but slightly weird experience) and off we went. After spending a week in a hotel with five kids, made sane by free continental breakfasts and three large TVs, we found a house to rent and moved in August 1st. Then came the flurry of registering for schools, utilities, soccer, etc. And here we are!
Boring post, I know. But now that I'm back on the blogging bandwagon, perhaps there will be more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment