My children brought these home from church on Mother's Day. (It's still May, right?) I thought they were a great window into their worlds. Some are hilariously off, while others are spot on ... a few comments by me are in red.
My Mother:
By Dane (4), Diva (7), Jace (10), and Erik (12)
By Dane (4), Diva (7), Jace (10), and Erik (12)
How old is she?
Dane: 43
Diva: 33
Jace: thirties
Erik: 25
Her favorite food is:
Dane: bacon
Diva: soup
Jace: milk chocolate
Erik: chocolate
Her favorite place to be is:
Dane: in her room with us
Diva: home
Jace: California
Erik: anywhere warm
When she was young, she:
Dane: cuddled with her Mom
Diva: left her room messy
Jace: was bullied by brothers
Erik: loved Marlon Brando
She is really good at:
Dane: baseball
Diva: taking care of 5 kids all by herself
Jace: being a loving Mom
Erik: the three c's - cleaning, caring, comforting
(baseball? really?)
She is happiest when:
Dane: she's with her kids
Diva: we get along
Jace: the house is clean
Erik: the house is clean
My favorite things to do with her is:
Dane: play the Wii or go to the water park or go to the pool or bounce on the trampoline
Diva: watch movies
Jace: playing Family Game Night
Erik: playing Nertz
To make her happy, I like to:
Dane: do my chores
Diva: do the dishes
Jace: help out
Erik: clean
(hmm, do we sense a theme?)
I like to talk to her about:
Dane: going to McDonalds to get food
Diva: the holidays
Jace: books
Erik: books
If I am sad, she:
Dane: gives me a hug
Diva: helps me
Jace: comforts me
Erik: loves me
She likes to spend her time:
Dane: playing the Wii with Sister Hansen
Diva: on reading
Jace: reading, cleaning
Erik: reading
(well, not cleaning ...)
She gets mad when:
Dane: we do something not nice
Diva: we do not get along
Jace: there's a showing
Erik: I slide down the stairs in a laundry basket
The funniest thing about her is:
Dane: being funny
Diva: she laughs a lot
Jace: she likes my Dad
Erik: she's read more books than I can count
I know she loves me because:
Dane: we're the best kids in the whole entire world
Diva: she's my Mom
Jace: Heavenly Father gave me her
Erik: she never stays mad
AND, last but not least, here is a poem Diva brought home from school:
M - My mom has 5 kids
O - Outstanding at reading
T - Takes her time
H - Her hair is beautiful
E - E** is her child
R - Reads a lot
6 comments:
I love how the older boys like talking with you about books. That's the best!
Haha, I love that Jace says you get mad when there's a showing, and the funniest thing about you is that you love his dad! haha
At least your kids were nice to you. In primary on Mother's Day Tracy asked the kids what their mothers do with their hands, and Ethan said, "She spanks us." !!!!!
He's been swatted like twice in his whole life, but that is what he tells the primary. argh!
It's funny that you like their dad. Like funny ha-ha or funny strange? I've learned so much about you. Did you really love Marlon Brando? This is just hilarious, every bit of it. It's nice to see yourself through your kids eyes sometimes. Sometimes. I think you got off pretty easily. I cringe to think what mine would write. Something closer to the lines of Ginger's comment, I have a feeling.
I think I got off pretty easy too. But bacon? I mean, I like it, but have it so rarely I don't know if it would even be in my top 50. Even the milk chocolate threw me off, because it's so specific (and wrong, the darker the better, yum.) And my husband's a funny guy, so maybe liking him makes me a funny gal ...
But the 25 years old was definitely a joke. I think he was trying to earn something ...
I want to hug them all! You've got the best children in the world. Love you all!
Marlon Brando, how does he even know who that is? You have some great kids,and they have a great mom!
Post a Comment