Hmmm. A blog. 18 months ago, when asked if I had a blog, I said no way. I'm not a blog person. I am quiet, private, reserved, and have no interest in letting the world know what I think. Sometimes I don't even let myself know what I think.
Then facebook happened. And status updates. And slowly I realized it's kind of fun to send snippets of thought out into the world. I liked trying to decide "What's on your mind?" and explaining it to my friends in all corners of the world. Could I see myself with a blog? Possibly. Maybe.
Then more of my friends had blogs. Old friends, acquaintances, sisters of friends ... and I loved following them, reading them, lurking. But, if I did a blog, what kind of blog would I do? There are book blogs, journal blogs, recipe blogs, hair blogs, philosophical blogs, so many. Would I be able to untangle my thoughts into proper English? Would my blog be private or public? I don't want the world to see my business, only my friends. But private blogs are so hard to follow - I forget to check up on them when they don't show up in my Blog Dashboard. So could I make my blog public, but use pseudonyms to satisfy my need for some kind of anonymity? To pretend to myself that my family is still private, safe, because I don't use real names? Could I really do that without feeling like a fool, giggling incoherently, feeling ridiculous, or getting completely confused and confusing anyone who for whatever reason decides to read what I wrote?
So many questions, mostly unresolved. So here I plunge, not quite sure where I am headed. I'm going to try public, we'll see how it goes. Please forgive the pseudonyms I choose. Who knows how long they will last. This will probably be a Blog of Many Colors, filled with random thoughts, events, what-have-you. Hopefully most of it will make sense, though I'm sure not all of it will. I have no idea how often I'll update it. I'll try once a month on for size, see how it feels. It will probably sometimes be more, sometimes less.
Lastly, the title. I like the Psalm - "As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them." Why? Because I like kids. Enough to have five of them. And I love archery. I know, strange. I even have my own bow. And my own quiver. They are cool. Too many stories of Robin Hood and Susan Pevensie as a child, probably. Modern Austen adaptations haven't helped. So there you have it. As with this blog, we'll see how long it lasts.
9 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world! I am so glad to see you here! :-)
Yay! I'm so glad you took the plunge!
Omigosh, I knew you would eventually! Hooray. I am so thrilled to read about you and your quiver. Or arrows, whatever. And I am looking forward with serious anticipation to the unveiling of the pseudonyms!
Hi ya,
I also am a blog reader and not a writer, so you will have to tell me how it goes. I didn't know you liked archery. I love it too.!! Haven't got my own bow yet. Maybe soon...
Love it! I can't wait to read more, "JAZ." I love the title, too. I think you are quite clever and I am looking forward to your musings. :)
Yay! What a fun title! Is this your birthday gift to yourself? :)
I eagerly await more posting. We loved seeing you guys this summer. True friends you are!
Okay, so I just removed my first comment because I accidentally used your real name (commentFAIL). You're awesome and you're motivating me to give this a whirl myself! :)
OK, so I finally figured out this is you. I knew you had a private blog too so I was uber-confused! Thanks for leaving comments from time to time and I look forward to your musings here.
Post a Comment